Recently in Social Studies (History) class, we learned about what makes a strong empire. Our example was the Persian Empire. As a class we learned about King Cyrus and agricultural trade. The Persians created a successful empire, and we were tasked with figuring out what made them so successful.
First, we made a list of the top ten things that made the Persian Empire powerful. I included “Creating a Powerful Army” and “Taxing Invaded People.” The most important thing was “Become Wealthy Through Agricultural Trade.” I then took these topics and turned them into “ingredients.” For example, instead of “Become Wealthy Through Agricultural Trade,” there was Agriculture Trade Flour. I created a series of steps to follow while creating the “recipe.” I called the recipe Persian Hand-Made Brownies. The image of it is above, and the recipe is right here:
Persian Hand-Made Brownies
- 2 heaping cups of agricultural trade flour
- 2 cups of invaded land chocolate
- 1 cup of tax sugar
- 4 eggs from a social hierarchy
- 3 ounces of free religion butter
- 1 tablespoons of benefits like land for the wealthy (substitute for salt)
- A pinch of human rights baking powder
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla coinage extract.
- Preset the oven temperature to 550 degrees fahrenheit.
- Beat other invaded land chocolate with a powerful army rolling pin until broken up. Collect all the invaded land and make sure to continue collaborating with the smaller governments inside the chocolate.
- Mix agricultural trade flour and tax sugar together to make lots of money. Add the benefits for the wealthy to keep the recipe from rebelling.
- Put the social hierarchy eggs into a bowl with the invaded land chocolate. Make sure the chocolate is in a lower spot in the hierarchy than the Persians. To keep the invaded land chocolate sweet, add free religion butter. Put these into the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients while adding human rights baking powder so it will all work out well. A vanilla coinage extract to make the agricultural trade flour and tax sugar work better.
- Cook for 220 years so the empire can last long.
- Serve and enjoy your empire!
- Never cook for an Alexander, as he will probably destroy your dish.
- Try to use ingredients from lots of middle eastern countries, especially Iran.
- Make sure to only put the food in the microwave for 3 minutes, because there were only 3 leaders in
Do not make this recipe, because I’m pretty sure it will be a disaster. Please, do not try this at home. It will not turn out well. Anyway, this was a really fun project, and I look forward to more history projects in the future.